What is Valium (Diazepam)?
Valium is the brand name used for the chemical substance Diazepam which belongs to the class of benzodiazepine drugs having calming and soothing effects on the nerves of human beings. It is a highly useful drug in our healthcare system due to the wide range of applications in the treatment of various medical complications. The drug works by acting on the GABA receptors where it activates the activity of GABA neurotransmitter gamma-aminobutyric acid which produces the intended results of the drug. Valium is a potent agent of the central nervous system of the body and its long-term use also causes side effects and withdrawal symptoms. Apart from Valium, Diazepam is also in the market under the under name of Vazepam and other local names. The drug also has the tendency to be misused by the people and it is also found on the streets under various street names.
The chemical formula of VALIUM 10MG is “7 7-Chloro-1, 3-dihydro-1-methyl-5-phenyl-3H-1, 4-benzodiazepine-2-one” as per IUPAC. The molecular weight of this drug has been calculated to be 284.74 g/mol. The molecular formula of VALIUM 10MG is C16H13ClN2O. It is available in various dosage strengths in various forms such as pills, powder form and solution form. Valium can be administered through various means depending upon the existing form of the drug. Some of the common modes of the administration are by oral means, intravenous means, through rectal and intramuscular means. High bioavailability of the drug is obtained when it is injected directly into the bloodstream while the bioavailability of the obtained through oral means is in the range of 76%.
Some of the popular and interesting facts about the drug are listed as below:
- The drug was first synthesized by Leo Sternbach while the first marketer of Valium around the world was Hoffmann-La Roche.
- Since its launch in the market, Valium has become one of the highest selling drugs while the prescription rate of the drug has also increased significantly over the course of time. In the year 1968, it became the highest selling drug in the market for the first time and this trend continued until 1982.
- It has been reported that in the year 1978 a mammoth 2 billion tablets of the drug was sold by the sellers which is a huge number by any standards.
- Today, there are more than 500 brands of the drug, Diazepam, available in the market. The most commonly used brand name for the drug is Valium.
- It is considered to be one of the safest and essential drugs in our health care system by the World Health Organization (WHO).
- The drug is an intermediate-acting drug as its effects are experienced approximately 40 minutes after the administration through oral means. However, when the drug is administered through intravenous means, the effects are experienced with 1 – 5 minutes.
- The effects of the drug last for an expanded period of time since the elimination half-life of the drug is 20 – 100 hours. The highly potent effects of the drug are though experienced for an hour after administration.
What is the most useful application of Valium in our Healthcare system?
Valium is a popular drug in our healthcare system and it has remained one of the highly prescribed drugs around the world. Some of the popular applications of Valium are listed as below:
- The primary uses of Valium are in the treatment and management of anxiety, seizures, paranoia, and sleeplessness. Valium causes soothing and calming effects on administration which helps the users in dealing with the severe cases of the above-mentioned complications.
- The drug helps in the treatment of the symptoms of alcohol and other intoxicant’s addiction.
- It is also used for the treatment of tetanus which is a highly dangerous medical illness.
- Valium is also used for the treatment of the symptoms of withdrawal and the dependency of the benzodiazepine drugs as the half-life of Valium is usually more than 20 hours which decreases the quantity and the frequency of the doses to be administered.
- It can also be used for the effective treatment of stiff person syndrome. It has been used for this by the medical practitioners in the last few decades.
Some of the common side effects of Valium
Since Valium is a narcotic and a potent agent of the central nervous system (CNS) of the body, there are a number of side effects associated with it. A list of some of the frequently occurring side effects is given as below:
- Liver disorders are common for the users who regularly use the high dose of Valium.
- It is discouraged to be administered to the pregnant women as this can lead to neonatal syndrome for the users.
- The high dose of the drug is administered can lead to the psychosis of the drug. It can seriously damage the faculties of the person and they may find it hard to get over the full effects of psychosis.
- The person may undergo impaired coordination as a result of the side effects of the drug.
- Depression and anxiety are also known to be one of the commonly occurring side effects of Valium among regular users of the drug.
- Dizziness and other cognitive issues are also experienced by the users.
Legal Status of Valium
Valium is a drug which affects the working of the central nervous system of the body. Therefore, special care is required for the use of the drug and the authorities are always trying to make sure that the drug is not misused. It is a Schedule substance in most parts of the world.
Where can you buy Valium?
Valium can be purchased from our online store at cheap rates. We provide good quality of the medication to our users all over the world. We have the capacity to ship the products all across the world and in purchasing the drug, no prescription is required. We strongly believe in the privacy of our users and never disclose their personal data with anyone.