What is Suboxone?
Suboxone is the brand name used for the combination drug containing chemical substances Buprenorphine and naloxone. Buprenorphine is an opioid medication for the management of pain related medical conditions which are solely sold in the market under the trade name of Subutex while Naloxone is the chemical substance used to mitigate the effects of the opioid drugs. Naloxone is administered when an overdose of the drug occurs or to minimize the side effects of the drug. Naloxone works as a deterrent to the negative impacts of the drug in the system. In order to make it more convenient for the people so that they do not have to take separate doses of the two drugs, a combination drug of the two chemical substances was produced which is sold under the brand name of Suboxone.
Suboxone is used in the treatment of withdrawal symptoms of various opioids drugs. The major problem which is faced by the users of opioid medications is the addiction and the dependency of the drug. Long-term use of the drug makes it difficult for the people to abandon the use of the drug while at the same time they experience a strong urge to take a greater amount of the drug. At the same time, the body builds up the dependency of the drug in which the effectiveness of the normal dose of the drug tends to die down. The users feel the urge to take a higher dose in order to get the required results. This leads to an overdose of the drug which can cause psychosis and side effects. This is called an opioid use disorder. Similarly, the use of opioid drugs is associated with withdrawal syndrome.
Suboxone helps the patients in these situations as the Naloxone substance present in the combination drug provides relief from the side effects and the withdrawal symptoms of the opioid drugs. A dose of the drug can provide relief from the withdrawal symptoms of the opioid drugs for around 24 hours. Similarly, it has been studied that a small dose of the buprenorphine in the combination drug along with an appropriate amount of the naloxone drug can provide relief from pain related issues but when a higher dose of the buprenorphine is mixed with an appropriate amount of Naloxone than the effects are not much useful.
Some of the popular and interesting facts about the drug are listed as below:
- The drug is available in various forms and it can be administered through the recommended means for the different forms of the drug. The common modes of the administration of the drug are by placing it under the cheek or tongue.
- High bioavailability of the drug is obtained when it is administered through injection while low bioavailability is obtained when it is administered through oral means.
- It became a commonly prescribed drug in the United States in the year 2017. Physicians were allowed to prescribe the dose of Suboxone drug in 2000 when the drug addiction treatment act was approved by the authorities.
- Suboxone is a schedule II substance in most parts of the world.
- In most cases, the need for getting the approval for the use of the drug has been dropped by the companies which sell the drug in order to help the patients in the smooth treatment of the withdrawal syndrome.
How does the drug work?
The drug works by acting on the central nervous system of the body where Buprenorphine and naloxone both produce their respective effects by binding with the receptors. However, the results of both these drugs are different from each other since the effects of buprenorphine are in-line with the nature of the benzodiazepine drugs while those of naloxone have opposing effects of benzodiazepine. Hence, the ultimate effects of the drug depend upon the percentage of these two components. When the effects of buprenorphine are more dominant the cumulative effects of the drug are like the effects of benzodiazepine while in the case when the effects of naloxone are more dominant, the drug tends to act as an ant-benzodiazepine.
What are the common applications of the Suboxone medication?
Suboxone has a wide range of the applications depending upon the prescription. Some of the common applications of Suboxone are listed as below:
- The most popular use of Suboxone is in the therapy of the dependency of various benzodiazepine drugs. Due to the presence of naloxone in Suboxone, a dose of the drug saves the patients from severe complications.
- Suboxone is used for treating the patients with benzodiazepine psychosis. It helps in stabilizing the patients of psychosis and is effective for mitigating some of the symptoms.
- It saves the patients from benzodiazepine overdose.
- Suboxone helps the patients in dealing with depression and anxiety as a dose of the drug can produce anxiolytic feelings.
Side effects of Suboxone
Some of the common side effects of Suboxone are both short and long-term effects. The short-term side effects of Suboxone are medical complications which can lead to severe unrest and illness for the patients. The long-term use of Suboxone is the dependency, addiction and the permanent damage to the faculties of the body.
Legal Status of Suboxone
It is a Scheduled substance in most parts of the due to the tendency to be misused by the people. In order to discourage unauthorized practices, it has been listed as a regulated substance.
Where can you buy Suboxone?
Suboxone can be purchased online from our store as we are one of the biggest suppliers of healthcare medications all over the world. We provide these products to the patients without the need for a prescription. Our clients are spread all over the world and we can ship our products to people in most jurisdictions of the world. Our platform is considered to be one of the safest for carrying out transactions. We provide high-quality products to our clients at cheap rates which have helped us in winning the trust of our clients. We are always willing to cut our share in order to make sure that our products are accessible to everyone.