What is Subutex?
Subutex is the brand name used for the Buprenorphine chemical substance which is a popular drug belonging to the class of opioid medications. Opioid drugs provide the users’ relief from episodes of severe and moderate pain. There are a number of other uses of the drug in the therapies of the addition of other drugs. Subutex is a long-term acting drug as the pain-relieving effects of the drug become prominent after almost 24 hours after administration even though the strongest effects are only valid for the first hour after administration.
The chemical name of the drug is “(2S)-2-[(5R, 6R, 7R, 14S)-17-cyclopropylmethyl-4, 5-epoxy-6, 14-ethano-3-hydroxy-6-methoxymorphinan-7-yl]-3, 3-dimethylbutane-2-ol” while the molecular formula of the drug is C29H41NO4. The molar mass of the molecule of the drug has been found to be equal to 467. 5 g/mol. It is available in the market in various forms such as powder form, tablets forms, solution and patch form. The mode of administration of the different forms of the drug also depends upon their physical properties. It is being taken through oral means and by placing under the tongue. The drug in its solutions form can be injected intravenously which is the mean by which the highest bioavailability of the drug is achieved.
The drug is an opioid and it works by acting on the central nervous system of the body where it affects the working of the opioid receptors. The receptors which are affected by the action of Subutex are u-opioid receptors, k-opioid receptors, and DOR. It also has a weak affinity for the nociception receptors. Hence, collectively it can be said that the drug is an antagonist and agonist modulator of the opioid receptors.
Some of the interesting facts about the drug are listed as below:
- In the year 1969, after 10 years of research for creating an opioid drug which has all the positive effects of providing long-term relief from pain with minimum side effects was developed by the scientists at Reckitt & Colman.
- Subutex is structurally more complex as compared to Morphine having a number of favorable properties.
- The commercial and medical use of the drug started in the year 1978 when it was first launched in the United Kingdom. An injection of the drug for treating the severe conditions of pain was made available in the year 1982.
- Apart from its use for painkilling purposes, there are instances where it has also been used for the treatment of depression and anxiety related issues.
- The use of the drug is highly discouraged for the pregnant women as it can lead to the neonatal syndrome in the newborn babies.
What are the common applications of Subutex in our healthcare system?
Today there is a huge number of people who are suffering from medical illnesses which cause them huge and unsettling pain. In most cases, the pain is lasting which makes the lives of people difficult. Therefore in order to deal with severe pain, mostly opioid medications are used which provide the people relief from pain. Subutex is one of the popular pain medication as it is a pain medication. Some of the common applications of Subutex as a pain medication are listed as below:
- It is a fast-acting drug so it is used by the people as a quick treatment from the shooting pain.
- Subutex provides relief from pain for an extended period of time. The effects of the drug are experienced for as long as 24 hours after the administration. This results in providing relief for a long period of time as well as helps reduce the psychosis.
- Subutex causes anxiolytic and soothing effects on administration. It can provide relief from paranoia. It can also be used as a muscle relaxant.
What are some of the common side effects of Subutex?
There are a number of side effects associated with the use of Subutex which can be both short and long-term. Some of the common side effects of the drug are listed as below:
- Subutex results in a number of medical conditions such as vomiting, headache etc. which can cause troubles for the users in the short-term. Most of these effects are experienced shortly after the effects of the drug wear out.
- The users may feel dizziness and imbalance due to the side effects. The problems in effective coordination are also experienced as a result of the side effects of Subutex.
- Subutex’s use may develop an addiction to the drug in the system which can make it difficult for the people to leave the use of the drug at will. This happens when the drug is used for a long period of time.
- The use of the drug for a long period of time can develop a dependency of the drug in the system which can result in the overdosing of the drug.
- Psychosis may be experienced as a result of the overdosing of the drug.
Legal Status of Subutex
Subutex has been listed as a Scheduled drug in most jurisdictions of the world. Its production, sale, and use of the drug have been regulated by the law.
Where can you buy Subutex?
Subutex can be purchased directly from our online store as we are the manufacturer and distributor of a huge number of healthcare medications all over the world. We strongly adhere to the high standards of quality and we never provide substandard products to our users. The products available at our store are sold at highly competitive rates as we want to make sure that our products are available to a greater number of people. We also provide our products to people all over the world without the need for a prescription. We can also ship these products to our users all over the world. Manufacturer’s seal is provided on all the products shipped to the people anywhere in the world as we want to make sure that the products received by the people are genuine. We also always adhere to the top ethical principles of doing business and we never share the details with our clients with anyone.