What is Oxycodone?
Oxycodone is a chemical substance which is available in the market under various brand names such as Percocet and OxyContin. OxyContin is, in fact, a modified form of the drug in which the substance is treated with hydrochloride acid. It is available in various forms in terms of their function since different forms of the drug can provide immediate and controlled relief to the pain complications. The immediate release tablets provide a quick response to the sensation of pain after administration while the controlled release tablets of Oxycodone provide a delayed response to the sensation of pain. In this way, different forms of the drug serve different functions in standard treatments.
Oxycodone is an opioid drug which acts on the central nervous system of the body to produce pain relieving effects. It is a semisynthetic product of the thebaine alkaloid found in the poppy plant. It acts on the u-opioid receptors in the central nervous system and by activating their response, it produces pain-relieving effects. Some of the interesting facts about the drug are listed as below:
- It was first discovered in the year 1917 when scientists in Germany worked on improving the functioning and properties of the existing opioid medication.
- In 1995 OxyContin was manufactured by the scientists which were instantly lauded as a major achievement in the healthcare system. It could help the patients for a long period of time as compared to other opioid drugs.
- In 2009 and 2010, record production of the drug was found. In 2009 135.9 short tons of the drug were produced while in 2010 122.5 short tons of the drug were produced.
- It is a more potent drug than Morphine and the effects of the drug are considered to be 1.5 times more potent as compared to Morphine.
- It is highly used for the management of cancer pain which requires a strong medication in order to be managed.
- It is recommended for use for the children up to the age groups above 11 years who have experience of being on the dose of opioid drugs. The dose of the drug provides long-term relief to the patients.
- Oxycodone is an addictive drug with various side effects. A substance called Naloxone is added in order to nullify the narcotic effects of Oxycodone.
- The standard and approved method of administration of the drug is through oral means. It is administered in the form of tablets and oral solution.
What are some of the popular applications of Oxycodone in our healthcare system?
Oxycodone is a popular opioid medicine which is used by the people for the effective management of pain related issues of the people. Some of the popular applications of Oxycodone in our healthcare system are given as below:
- It helps the patients of a lot of medical illnesses which cause them a huge pain. The dose of the drug is tipped to provide an effective and long-term relief from the pain.
- Oxycodone is one of the highly recommended drugs for the treatment of both moderate and severe chronic pain. Chronic pain illnesses can cause serious complications in the lives of the users due to which a trusted medication can be useful for the treatment.
- Some people in Coma and paralysis suffer from huge pain but they cannot express their condition to the people. In such cases, they are administered a dose of the drug so that they may not suffer unconsciously.
- A dose of Oxycodone helps the users who have to undergo painful therapies such as cancer therapy etc.
What are some of the common side effects of Oxycodone and how to manage them?
Oxycodone is a narcotic drug which acts on the central nervous system (CNS) of the body to produce its effects. The drug alters the working of the body in certain sense due to which a lot of side effects may also be experienced by the users. Some of the commonly occurring side effects of the drug are listed as below:
- The drug may cause cognitive issues for the patients due to which they may experience hallucinations and other such issues.
- The side effects include physical changes as well which may include the uneven working of the heart due to increased blood pressure and heart rate.
- The long-term use of Oxycodone may cause addiction to the drug to be developed in the body. The user may find it hard to leave the dose of the drug at will as a result of the addiction.
- Withdrawal symptoms of the drug are experienced as a result of the long-term use of the drug. The person may have to undergo therapy in order to relinquish the use of the drug.
- Psychosis of the drug may result in severe damages to the users.
What is the recommended dose of Oxycodone?
The recommended dose of Oxycodone depends upon the age, severity of the medical illness and the medical history of the patient. The medical practitioner should thoroughly study the medical history of the patient in order to prescribe a dose of the drug.
What is the legal status of Oxycodone?
Oxycodone is a scheduled drug in most parts of the world due to its widespread misuse for recreational purposes by the ordinary people. Its sale, production, and consumption are subject to the law of the land.
Where can you buy Oxycodone?
Our online drugstore is also one of the major suppliers of Oxycodone and we specialize in providing high-quality products to our users all over the world. None of our competitors can compete with us when it comes to providing the ease of services. Some of the major reasons why you should buy Oxycodone from us are listed as below:
- We provide high-quality products to our users which are tested for purity. We always care about the complete satisfaction of our clients.
- We provide cheap and discounted products.
- We provide shipping services all over the world.
- Our platform is safe and secure for making a purchase.