Xyrem is the trade name used for the chemical substance known as Sodium Oxybate which is a highly recommended drug for the treatment of narcolepsy. Especially the two major symptoms of narcolepsy i.e. sudden muscle weakness and daytime sleepiness, can be tackled with the help of Xyrem. GHB is usually considered to be the first line of defense in the treatment of narcolepsy but due to the widespread misuse of the drug, the researchers had to look for alternate options. In this way, the clinical trials were conducted on sodium oxybate in order to determine its effectiveness in the treatment of Narcolepsy. In the year 2002, it was approved as a standard medication for the treatment of Narcolepsy.
Sodium Oxybate or, in essence, is the sodium salt of the gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB). Sodium Oxybate or Xyrem is less risky as compared to GHB but since it is also a potent depressant of the central nervous system, a special strategy known as risk evaluation and mitigation strategy has been devised by the American federal drug authority in order to regulate its use. A special warning is provided for the people who regularly use the drug in order to ensure that the side effects and unforeseen circumstances can be mitigated.
Xyrem today is a popular drug and some of the interesting facts about the drug are listed as below:
- Xyrem is created from GHB of whom alternate it is supposed to provide. Xyrem is a sodium salt of the gamma-hydroxybutyric acid.
- In the United States, it was first approved for use in the year 2002 while in Europe it became an approved medication for the treatment of the symptoms of narcolepsy in the year 2005.
- The company which gained the rights of the drug sale in Europe heavily raised the price but it had to pay a heavy fine after court litigation.
- Apart from its use in the treatment of narcolepsy, the studies are underway in determining the uses of the drug in the alcohol withdrawal therapy.
- Special care is always stressed in the use of the drug. It is not recommended for pregnant women as it can damage the user and the patient. Similarly, the use of the drug in combination with another depressant drug as it can lead to severe harm or the patient.
Xyrem is available in the market in the form of tablets which can be administered through oral means. High bioavailability of the drug in the range of 88% is obtained when it is taken through oral means. It is usually a fast-acting drug with an elimination half-life of 0.5 to 1 hours. When the effects of one dose of the drug wear out after few hours, another dose may be taken as per the prescription.
What are the popular uses of Xyrem?
Xyrem is a popular sodium oxybate drug which has found a number of applications in the field of medicine. The most popular use of Sodium oxybate drug i.e. Xyrem is in the treatment of the various symptoms of narcolepsy. In case of Narcolepsy, some parts of the brain show a low level of activity as compared to a normal brain. In order to shore up the activity of the dormant parts of the brain in the prefrontal cortex, Xyrem can perform effectively. Apart from its medical applications, people also use Xyrem for recreational purposes as a dose of the drug produce stimulant effects on the users.
What is the recommended dose of Xyrem for the users?
The recommended dose of Xyrem may depend upon the various factors such as the age group of the person, severity of the medical illness as well as any other medical complication that the person may be suffering from. It is, therefore, the job of the medical practitioner to physically examine the person, read his medical history and carry out all the required formalities before prescribing a dose of Xyrem.
What are some of the frequently occurring side effects of Xyrem?
Xyrem is a sodium oxybate which acts on the central nervous system of the body to produce some strong effects. It is therefore also reasonable to state that a number of side effects may also arise due to the short and long-term use of the drug. We have investigated and stated some of the side effects below:
- Hallucination may occur due to the use of the drug. The user may experience a number of other side effects of cognitive nature as a result of the long-term use of the drug.
- A headache, dizziness, drowsiness, increased heart rate, and blood pressure may arise as a result of the side effects of the drug.
- The user may experience other medical complication for short-term basis especially in the early stages of the use of the drug. Such complications may be common illnesses like vomiting and nausea.
- The users may develop an addiction to the drug due to the long-term use of the drug.
- A dependency of the drug may develop due to the long-term use of the drug. This may lead the users to administer a high dosage of Xyrem which can be dangerous. The person may suffer from the psychosis of Xyrem due to the excessive overdosing of the drug.
Legal Status of Xyrem
Authorities have listed Xyrem as a Scheduled substance in most jurisdictions of the world. They have done this in order to curb the widespread misuse of the drug for recreational purposes. The production, sale, consumption of the drug without proper licensing can draw the ire of the authorities.
Where can you buy Xyrem online?
Xyrem is available at our online store for purchase as we provide high-quality products to our users at extremely cheap rates. We always take care of the needs and comforts of our clients all over the world and we provide discreet shipping. We also provide discreet shipping services on all the products shipped from our online store since we want to make sure that all the products are genuine when they reach the customers.