What is Morphine?
Morphine is a pain medication belonging to the class of opioid drugs and it is available in the market under various other trade names such as MScontin and Sevredol. Morphine is considered to be one of the most popular and important opioid drugs as it has widespread use for the management of pain. Morphine is used extensively in the management of pain in major operations, surgeries and long-term severe illnesses. A dose of the drug is recommended for the people who are suffering from continuous pain and require a continuous fix in order to live a smooth life.
Morphine is an opioid drug which is produced through the processing of alkaloids present in the poppy plant. The manufacturing involves the isolation of the drug from the poppy straw through various means. The drug first came to common knowledge in the year 1803 when Friedrich Sertuner manufactured it. The commercial sale and marketing of the product started in the year 1827 where after a few decades, it became one of the highly used drugs around the world. The data shows that around 523 tons of the drug were produced in the year 2013. In the year 2013, around 45 tons of the drug was used as a painkiller while around 70% of the drug was used for the synthesis of other opioid medicines. It is worth mentioning that Morphine is also used for the production of a number of other chemical products which are also used for medical purposes.
The drug, Morphine, works by acting on the central nervous system of the body where the response and the activity of the opioid receptors mainly mu-receptors, gamma-receptors, and u-receptors are activated by the drug. This results in the release of chemical substances who action provide relief from pain. Hence, Morphine is an agent of the central nervous system of the body.
Some of the popular and interesting facts about the properties and the use of Morphine are listed as below:
- Morphine is available in various forms such as powder, tablet and solution form. The patches of the Morphine are also available which can be applied on the skin.
- Different modes of administration are applicable to different forms of the drug. People can smoke the powdered form of Morphine. The oral means of administration are effective for administering the tablets. The solution form of the drug can be administered through intravenous, intramuscular, epidural and intrathecal means. High bioavailability through intravenous means.
- Morphine is a first acting drug and the effects of the drug are experienced after 5 minutes of administration. The drug provides relief from pain for about 3 – 7 hours. The drug is excreted out of the system through renal means.
- Morphine is widely used in the manufacturing of a number of other opioid drugs such as hydromorphone, oxycodone etc.
- The use of Morphine also results in the dependency of the drug. When the users take a high dose of the drug for a long period of time withdrawal symptoms of the drug may appear.
What are some of the popular uses of Morphine?
Opioid medications are highly popular in our healthcare system to provide effective relief from severe and chronic pain conditions to the users. Morphine is also an opioid drug which is highly popular among medical practitioners all over the world. Morphine provides long-term and effective relief from the pain of all magnitudes and a dose of Morphine is part and parcel of the successful conduction of various operations and surgeries. In order to keep the patients in peace and calm, a dose of Morphine is regularly administered to them across the world. Hence, it is factual to say that Morphine is a highly useful drug with major applications in our healthcare system.
What is the recommended dose of Morphine for the patients?
The dose of Morphine for the patients depends upon the age group and the intensity of the medical complication of the users. A higher dose of the drug is effective for adults who have some severe medical illness which causes strong pain. However, children and those people whose illness is not so strong may require a low dose of the drug.
What are some of the common side effects of Morphine?
The use of Morphine is associated with a lot of side effects which can cause both short and long-term illnesses for the users. Some of the common side effects of Morphine are listed as below:
- Morphine use results in cognitive side effects. Some of the common cognitive side effects are an imbalance in coordination and hallucinations.
- Dizziness and drowsiness are one of the common side effects of the drug.
- A headache is experienced by the users when the positive effects of the drug wear out after some time.
- The long-term use of the drug may cause addiction to the drug which can be severe in some cases.
- The use of the drug over the long period of time causes dependency of the drug. In some cases where the users are not well informed, it can lead to the psychosis.
Where can you buy Morphine?
Morphine can be purchased online from our online store as we are one of the major suppliers of the opioid drugs all over the world. It is highly beneficial for the users to purchase this product from our online store due to the following salient points:
- We provide high-quality products to our users all over the world. All products available in our store are always tested for high quality and purity.
- We provide all products to our users at extremely low prices since we want to make sure that our products can be availed by the majority of people around the world.
- There is also a possibility of purchasing medication drugs from our store without a prescription.
- We have the ability to ship our products to our clients all over the world. The shipping services provided are fully discrete. We never share the personal details and data of our clients with anyone.