What is Ecstasy?
Ecstasy is the street name used for the MDMA drug which is a popular psychoactive drug. The drug was first developed in the year 1912 but the use of the drug became mainstream in the year 1970. In the year 1980, it came to be recognized as a popular street drug since its commercial use has always been regulated by the authorities. Ecstasy is a common recreational drug having found the interest of the young people as a party drug but the research for determining the medical uses of the drug is still going on. It has been proposed that it can have significant applications in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) but the evidence in this regard still needs to be examined.
Some of the common interesting facts about Ecstasy (MDMA) are listed as below:
- Ecstasy was first synthesized by the Merck chemist Anton Kollisch who first patented it in the year 1912.
- In the year 1965, the drug was again synthesized by the American scientist Alexander Shulgin by a different method. After this, the drug became a common product in the market.
- Ecstasy is one of the highly used product all over the world. In the year 2016, 21 million people between the ages of 21 – 64 were found using the dose of the drug. It is approximately 0.3% of the whole population of the world.
- It has been found out that almost 7% of the people have used MDMA in the United States of America once or more times in their lives while the percentage of the people who used the drug in 2017 is around 0.7%.
- Despite the fact that ecstasy (MDMA) is a not prescription drug for medical use, it is still used by the people in the therapy of post-traumatic stress disorder and other medical complications.
- Scientists in the United Kingdom started studying the applications of the drug in the therapy of alcohol addiction. It has been stated that in case the favorable results are obtained when the drug will be authorized for legal use.
- The IUPAC name of MMDA is “1-(7-Methoxy-1, 3-benzodioxol-5-yl) propan-2-amine” while the molecular formula of the drug is “C11H15NO3”. The molecular weight of MMDA has been calculated to be equal to 203.9 g/mol.
- MDMA or ecstasy is also known to be an analog of lopophine.
What are the popular applications of Ecstasy or MDMA in our healthcare system?
MDMA is considered to be a popular drug for recreational purposes since it produces a feeling of high in the body. It acts on the central nervous system of the body in order to produce its intended results. For a long period of time since its synthesis, it has been accepted that the main use of the drug is non-medical and mostly for the recreational purposes but since last few years, research is being carried out in order to establish its use in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder. In the year 2017, special trails started to be conducted in order to establish the effectiveness of the drug in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder. However, it is also being used for some medical purposes which are listed below:
- MDMA or ecstasy is an amphetamine which has stimulating effects on the working of the central nervous system of the body. It can be used for various purposes such as controlling the symptoms of attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and narcolepsy.
- It can help people in dealing with anxiety and depression.
What are some of the common side effects of Ecstasy?
There are a number of side effects associated with the use of ecstasy as it is a potent agent of the central nervous system (CNS) of the body. The side effects can be both physical and cognitive and they can be both short and long-term spanning effects. Some of the common side effects of the drug are listed as below:
- The most frequently occurring side effects of the drug are usually the cognitive side effects which include hallucinations, dizziness, paranoia, anxiety, and feeling of self-loath by the users. These side effects may be experienced shortly after the administration of the drug or after the positive effects of the drug wear out.
- Since it is a stimulant drug when acts on the central nervous system of the body, the person may have to undergo forced excessive activity as a result of the side effects of the drug.
- Other medical complications such as vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea as a result of the use of the drug.
- The long-term use of ecstasy may develop an addiction to the drug due to which the person may find it hard to stop taking the drug at will.
- The user may develop the dependency of the drug due to which the full effects may not occur as a result of the dose of ecstasy. This can trigger overdosing and psychosis of ecstasy.
What is the legal status of Ecstasy?
Ecstasy is a controlled or scheduled substance in most parts of the world. However, it is now being frequently used for research purposes. However, its unauthorized use, sale, and production are still strictly controlled by the regulators.
Where can you buy Ecstasy?
Ecstasy is a controlled substance in most parts of the world due to which it is difficult to purchase this product from physical stores. Our online drugstore is one of the major sources of MDMA or ecstasy drug and we provide it to our clients without the need for a prescription. Quality is the slogan of our store. We provide high quality and purity tested products to our users at extremely cheap rates. We have the ability to ship this product to our users all over the world and the shipping services provided by us are totally discreet. We always adhere to the high ethical standards of business and we never disclose their personal data with anyone. We also provide a manufacturer’s seal on all the products shipped from our store. know more about other medicines.