Dilaudid is the brand name used for the chemical substance known as hydromorphone or dihydromorphinone. It is a hydrogenated ketone and it is created from Morphine. Hence it is an opioid medication like which is used for the effective management of severe and chronic pain. The opioid drugs work by acting on the central nervous system of the body where the response of the opioid receptors is activated in order to produce pain relieving effects. Pain medications are of high importance in our society as without these drugs the life of a huge number of people would be highly challenging.
Opioid class of drugs is produced by processing the alkaloids found in the poppy plants which are normally produced in Afghanistan or some Middle Eastern countries. The drug is commonly available in the form of tablets whereas it is also highly soluble in water due to which a solution of the drug can also be created. It has been found that a gram of the drug completely dissolves in a 16 ml quantity of water. Hence, in hospitals or where the dose of the drug is required, the powder form is usually kept and it can be converted into the solution form as and when needed. The solution form of Dilaudid is more useful as compared with the tablet form owing to the fact that the bioavailability of the drug obtained is only 30 – 35% when administered through oral means while it is 100% when it is administered through intravenous means.
Since it is a popular drug, a lot of interesting facts have been studied about the drug. Some of those facts are listed as below:
- Dilaudid is made from Morphine drug as it is a hydrogenated ketone. The effects of the drug are eight times more potent as compared to Morphine when all other parameters of measurement are kept same. This shows that significant improvements occur during the processing of Morphine into hydromorphone.
- A small amount of the drug is usually produced as a result of the metabolism of Morphine in the system of human beings and other mammals. A small quantity of the drug is also found in some of the naturally occurring plants.
- The drug was first synthesized in the year 1922 and it was introduced to the market in the year 1926.
- It is a scheduled II substance in the United States and most other parts of the world. Strict control is maintained in order to curb the misuse of the drug.
- It has been found that an increase in the production of the drug has occurred over the course of the past few decades. Similarly, an increase in the prescription of the drug by 289% was observed in the year 2006.
- Since Dilaudid is a depressant of the central nervous system of the body, it has been used in carrying out the executions in the state of Ohio. In the year 2014, a convict was executed by injecting a dose of Dilaudid and Midazolam. The convict was heavily sedated after 4 minutes and expired after a couple of hours.
What are the common applications of Dilaudid in our healthcare sector?
Dilaudid is a popular medication belonging to the class of opioid medications which having pain-killing effects by impacting the working of the central nervous system of the body. All opioid medications perform this action but some of them are more potent as compared to the other. Similarly, some of the opioid medications are useful for patients with a particular illness as compared to the others. We will generally look into the popular uses of Dilaudid as a pain medication below:
- It is useful for the treatment of both moderate and chronic pain illnesses. A dose of the drug can provide relief for a long period of time.
- Dilaudid is more potent as compared to Morphine due to which it is more useful in severe pain cases.
- A lot of major operations and surgeries require the patients to be sedated. Therefore, a dose of Dilaudid is useful for this purpose.
- Dilaudid helps in keeping the patients pain free in hospitals. A dose of Dilaudid can provide through the clock support to the patients.
What are the common side effects of Dilaudid?
The side effects related to Dilaudid are usually in line with those of other opioid medications. We have discussed some of the common long and short-term effects of the drug as below:
- It causes a wide range of medical illnesses such as vomiting, nausea, and diarrhea. Other medical illnesses are also common which may arise shortly after the positive effects of the drug wear out.
- A headache may arise after the pain-relieving effects of Dilaudid wear out.
- Dilaudid use may result in sleeplessness, drowsiness, dizziness and other such illnesses.
- Hallucinations and other such cognitive issues may arise due to the dosage of the drug.
- The long-term use of Dilaudid may develop an addiction to Dilaudid which can lead to severe problems. The addicted persons may have to undergo some therapy in order to relinquish the use of the drug.
- A dependency of the drug may develop due to the long-term use of the drug.
Where can you buy Dilaudid?
Dilaudid is available for purchase at our online store through which the users can purchase the drug without the need for producing a prescription. We always provide high-quality products to our users at extremely cheap rates. All products at our store have high quality as we test all products under high standards of purity and quality. We provide discreet shipping services to our users through which the clients all over the world can get our products to their doorsteps. We provide manufacturer’s seal on all the products shipped from our store so that only the genuine products may reach to the users. We also always adhere to the high ethical standards of doing business as we never share the details with our customers with anyone.