What is Clonazepam (Klonopin)
Clonazepam is a chemical substance available in the market under the brand name of Klonopin. Clonazepam is a popular drug used in the treatment of a number of medical conditions such as seizures and epilepsies. It is commonly used for the treatment of epilepsy in children as the effects of the drug provide a potent defense against the symptoms of acute and status epilepsies suffered by the young children. It is also a known medication for dealing with issues of anxiety and depression. Several trials have been conducted which shows the effectiveness of the drug in the conditions of anxiety and acute mania.
Clonazepam is a benzodiazepine drug having a sedative effect on the working of the central nervous system of the body. It works by acting on the receptors i.e. GABA receptors in the central nervous system (CNS) of the body. The clonazepam binds with the GABA receptors which help on the enhanced flow of the chloride ions into the neurons. Hence, by modulating the functioning of the GABA receptors, the drug produces its intended results.
Clonazepam is available in the market in various forms such as tablets, powder and solution form. The different forms of the drug can be administered through their respective modes of administration i.e. through oral, sublingual, intravenous and intramuscular means. High bioavailability of the drug in the range of 80 – 90% is obtained when it is administrated through oral means while the bioavailability obtained through intravenous means is around 100%. The drug provides relief for a long period of time since the elimination half-life of the drug is around 19 – 60 hours. The effects of the drug usually last for around 6 – 12 hours which are most potent in the early hours of the administration. The onset time for the action of the drug is usually around 1 hour.
Some of the interesting facts of the drug-related to its manufacturing, properties, and use are listed below:
- The medication was first developed in the year 1964 while it was made available in the market for commercial use in the year 1975.
- A generic version of the drug is also available in the market for consumption.
- The drug performs its functions on the central nervous system of the body whereas the metabolism of the product takes place in the liver from where the drug is excreted out of the system.
- The presence of the drug in the system can be detected through various tests devised for the purpose. The presence of the drug can be administered in the body fluids such as blood and urine.
- It is not recommended to be used by the people having an addiction to any other narcotic or intoxicant substance such as alcohol. Similarly, the pregnant women are not recommended to take a dose of the drug as it can expose the unborn child to the neonatal syndrome.
- An overdose of the drug can lead to severe side effects and psychosis for the users.
What are the common Chemistry facts about Klonopin?
The chemical formula of KLONOPIN is “5-(2-Chlorophenyl)-7-nitro-1, 3-dihydro-1, 4-benzodiazepine-2-one” as per IUPAC. The molecular weight of this drug has been calculated to be 315.715 g/mol. The molecular formula of KLONOPIN is C15H10ClN3O3. It has a CAS number of 1622-61-3.
What are the most useful applications of Klonopin in the health care system and research?
Clonazepam is one of the highly useful drugs in our health care system as it is used for the treatment of some of the common health complications. Some of the common medical applications are listed below:
- Clonazepam is used for the treatment of depression and anxiety related issues. The medication of clonazepam helps in the management of panic by calming the nerves. Anxiolytic feelings are produced as a result of the use of the drug.
- It helps in dealing with seizures which can cause alarming issues for the patients. It is considered to be one of the highly useful medication in this regard.
- The medication, Klonopin, is used for the effective treatment of muscle disorder.
- Clonazepam has found research applications as well for the researchers who are always looking to find the other uses and application of the drug.
What are the side effects of Klonopin?
Clonazepam is considered to be a potent drug whose use results in a number of side effects for the user which can have negative impacts on the health of a person. Some of the common side effects of the drug are listed as below:
- Clonazepam can cause paranoia and depression. It can lead to the compulsive dosing of a huge quantity of the drug which can lead to excessive problems.
- Dizziness and imbalance can be experienced as a side effect of clonazepam.
- Several medical complications like nausea, vomiting, diarrhea etc. are experienced as a result of the use of clonazepam.
- Clonazepam is an addictive drug whose long-term and regular use will result in an addiction to the drug.
- The continuous use of the drug results in a dependency of the drug which leads to overdose by the people. It can cause psychosis if a heavy dose is administered.
Legal Status of the Drug
Clonazepam is a narcotic whose misuse by the people for recreational purposes is common. The regulators are always trying to curb the unauthorized practices this is why it has been listed as a scheduled drug in most parts of the world.
Where can you buy Clonazepam (Klonopin)?
Clonazepam can be purchased online from our store as we are one of the biggest sellers of the benzodiazepine, amphetamine and opioid drugs all over the world. We sell our products to clients all over the world without the need for a prescription. All products in our store are available at highly cheap rates and the quality of the products is always tested under strict conditions of quality and purity.
We always adhere to the high ethical standards of doing business and we never share their personal data and details with anyone.