What is Xanax?
Xanax is the brand name used for Alprazolam which is a chemical substance belonging to the class of benzodiazepine drugs. Xanax is a popular anti-anxiety drug used for the treatment of various kinds of anxiety disorder such as social anxiety disorder and generalized anxiety disorder. Apart from the significance of the drug in the treatment of anxiety and panic disorders, it is also used as a muscle relaxant and depressant drug. It provides anxiolytic, sedative and soothing sensation on administration. The drug can soothe tension and itchiness in various muscles of the body such as skeletal muscles.
Xanax is one of the highly used drugs all over the world with the stats of drug use topping the charts many times in the United States. It is also one of the highly prescribed drug in the United States and in many years in this and previous decades, it has been recorded as the most prescribed drug. The statistics regarding the recreational use of the drug are not much different and it has been found that among all the drug-related emergencies occurring around the world, almost 35% of them are related to 35%. The recreational use of the drug has increased by 79% just in the time period between 1992 and 2002. It has been studied that the high production and the easy availability of the drug have led to the recreational use of the drug.
The drug exists in various forms such as immediate release and extended-release tablets. The immediate release form of the drug produces the indented results immediately while its elimination half-life is 4 – 6 hours while the extended release drugs produce their intended results over an extended period of time with an elimination half-life of 10.7 – 15.8 hours. The drug can be administered through oral means for which high bioavailability in the range of 80 – 90% can be obtained.
Some of the common and interesting facts about the drug are listed as below:
- In the year 1981, Upjohn first brought the drug into the markets. Just after the passing of two years, it became a huge success in the country with high popularity among the users and the medical practitioners.
- In the year 2010, it was recorded as the most prescribed drug in the country.
- The drug is available in various forms in the market such as compressed tablets, extended-release tablets, and disintegrating tablets.
- There is a high chance for the misuse of the drug due to the high potency, rapid onset and short elimination half-life of the drug. It has come under the observation of the authorities recently due to its misuse.
- The drug is not recommended to be used by the pregnant women as well as those who have an addiction to alcohol. In case it is used by the pregnant women, the fetus is exposed to the risk of the dependency of the drug while the use of the drug by the alcohol addicts can lead to severe consequences for the users.
What are some of the significant uses of the drug in our healthcare system?
Xanax has found a lot of applications in the field of medicine and it is one of the highly prescribed drugs. Some of the common applications of the drug are listed below:
- It is considered to be a highly effective drug in the treatment of anxiety disorders of various types. Two of the most common anxiety disorders i.e. social anxiety disorder and generalized anxiety disorder can be effectively treated with the help of this drug.
- It can help people in dealing with panic and paranoia. The use of the drug gives quick relief from paranoia and make them feel serene and calm.
- The use of the drug produces muscle relaxation which helps the people in finding sooth and calm in life.
- There are a number of other uses of the drug especially for people who are dealing with tough and depressant situations. People who have to do hard jobs and have to undergo hard ordeal on daily basis, use a dose of the drug on a regular basis.
What are the Side effects of the drug?
Like most of the drugs used for controlling and affecting the working of the brain and in general the central nervous system of the body, there are a number of side effects related to the Xanax medication. Some of the common side effects of the drug are listed as below:
- When a pregnant woman is on the dose of the drug, it can affect the fetus. The baby is expected to be born with the neonatal symptoms which can be damaging for the newborn.
- Xanax is an addictive drug whose use can cause addiction in the body. The users of the drug find it hard to leave the dose of the drug. The users may have to undergo special therapies and use further medications to get rid of the addiction to the drug.
- There are a number of other medical complications associated with the use of the drug which can be short-term illnesses.
Legal Status of Xanax
Xanax is a scheduled substance in most jurisdictions of the world as its uses can lead to side effects and other complications. The recreational use of the drug is highly discouraged as it can cause damaging impacts on the lives of people.
Where can you buy Xanax?
Xanax is one of the high demand product in the market due to the sheer number of applications of the drug. It can be purchased from our online store as well without a prescription since we are one of the major sellers of healthcare medications all over the world. The prices offered by us on all these products are highly competitive among all our competitors. We take special care about the quality and the purity of the substance that we make available on our store. We also make sure that only the genuine products are delivered to our users which is why we provide manufacturers seal on the products shipped.